Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pillow Box Birthday Card


Good Sunday morning everyone! I'm Angela and very pleased to be RRR Guest Designer for June.
I wanted to share my Pillow Box Birthday card using
 Really Reasonable Ribbon's Rose Silk ribbon with you.
 It's so easy to work with and is just so soft and beautiful! I love it.
My daughter is turning 21 and I've been making a series of cards for her. 
She saw this one and liked it so this is one of three that she will receive from 
her father, her dog and me.





PAPER QUILTING

 I used Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles -largest and second largest dies
Italian floral paper (thin is better),
one layer of washi paper quilting foam and
one piece of cardboard (or chipboard).

Trace the smaller rectangle on the back side of the floral paper,
cut corners and  notches
 glue foam to card board and
add glue on bottom of cardboard to adhere floral paper.

Press the tabs into the glue around the bottom of cardboard  


 Here is your pillow
cut a 6" piece of
RRR 1-1/4" Rose Silk Ribbon for belly band
and 4" piece for fan folded flower
Secure the fan folded piece until able to tie with thin cord/string

 Tie the floret to the band and adjust to hide the cord.




11 comments :

  1. Stunning!!!!
    Going to have to try that! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Angela. What an amazing card!!! I just love it. Thanks so much for showing us how you made it. I can't wait to see what your next project will bring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, what a fabulous card and I'm sure she will love and treasure it and the tutorial is excellent. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty card! Love how you used the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and thank you for sharing this tutorial:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty, such an eligant card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique! I haven't seen this before. Will definitely be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! Love the flower in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool!!!! I love this....thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say