Thursday, June 1, 2017

It's Your Birthday Cupcake Greeting Card

Hey Peeps! Happy 1st of the month to all of you. You know it's my favorite day since I get to share my first project with the new Ocean Breeze Ribbon Club Assortment.
These soft dreamy colors reminded me of sherbet.....so I was naturally inclined to make a card with something sweet on it.
I really tried for a CAS card....but I think I may not have achieved it.  Oh well it's CAS for me. I started with a fun cupcake stamp on coordinating papers to the ribbons.  The frosting has 2 layers of stamped images with Foam Tabs between for dimension. I added some Sugar Glitter Paste , a few sequins, and colored in the cherry with some Sparkle Pen.  It's all layered on a small oval die cut that helps to separate the busy patterns.

This bow has 2 of the ribbons stacked and  topped off with a vintage button. The sentiment was cut into the shape of a banner and given Foam Tabs to pop it up. Those sweet little Pearly Stars are the perfect subtle accent.

A border in darker pink helps to anchor the lighter patterned papers. I've stitched around the card to add a bet of detail and finished the card on the inside with a coordinating pattern of paper.
Okay..a little more practice and maybe I'll be better at Clean and Simple...but for now I quite like this card and I'm now obsessed with plaid frosting!!!
Wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G

2 comments :

  1. This is so delicious and beautiful! Love that gorgeous
    cupcake - definitely good enough to eat! Love the double
    bow and also the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say