Monday, June 19, 2017

Crinkled Seam Binding

{judy} Hey friends! Today I want to share a simple watercolored card. You can't go wrong with a watercolor background and a beautiful sentiment. Add in some gorgeous seam binding and it's a done deal!

My background was made using Kuretake paints on water color paper. I added a couple of color layers inbetween dry times, and then stamped my sentiment (The Stamps of Life) with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. 
To crinkle up my seam binding, I spritz it with water and then ball it up in my hand and place the ball into the corner of a plastic bag. Twist the plastic bag tightly around the ball. Leave the seam binding ball in the bag overnight. The next morning, remove the seam binding from the bag and fluff the ball out. Let it dry thoroughly. Pretty easy!

This is the beautiful Bay Leaf Seam Binding tied in a double bow at an angle across the card for interest. I added a Resin Flower on top of the knots. I also tucked in a half-doily (Stampin' Up!) under the bows. My layers are held together with 1/2" Scor-Tape on this card.

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say