Saturday, September 22, 2012

Double Gate 3x3

Today I want to share with you a little card I call Double Gate 3x3 card. They are fast and easy to do, and make great little gift enclosures.
Here are the instructions on how to make this:
You will need a scoring tool (I used my Scor Buddy), a double-sided piece of 6x6 designer paper, and whatever you want to embellish the front.

1. Score your 6x6 paper at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2". Fold to the center as a gate fold.
2. Turn your paper sideways and score again at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2". Fold to the center, as a double gate fold.
3. Open up and you have a grid of nine different-sized squares. Prepare the inside as you wish, but keep it fairly flat. I used a piece of cardstock, designer paper and another piece of cardstock for my sentiment.
4. Embellish A SEPARATE little design for the front. This piece needs to be unattached to the folded 3x3. Attach with a clip to keep closed. Easy peasy!

Here is a photo of the front design separate with the "card" opened.
My images are from Rubbernecker Stamps: Giraffe and Top to Bottom. The sentiment is cut out with a Spellbinders Circle die and then pierced around the edge. I added some Natural Jute Ribbon and Orange/White Hemptique Baker's Twine from RRR and held it all together with a little orange paper clip. Try it out!





2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say