Friday, October 9, 2015

Christmas Star by Jenn Cochran

Hi Really Reasonable Ribbon friends and fans!  It's Jenn and I am so not ready for Christmas.  Are you???  I know it is coming fast and I need to get my mind set and ready to go.  

I wanted to give this fun star wreath a try.  It was super easy and only took about 15 minutes.  I paired the wreath with a beautiful delicate stitched satin ribbon.  I will run down the instructions below.


I used a 1" size star die.  I cut out 8 of each patterned paper to be on the safe side but only used 7 of each.  I cut out a 2.5" circle and cut out the middle to make a ring.  I added CANDi Fix Foam Pads (found at RRR) to the backs of each star.  I arranged them and then took the foam pad backings off one at a time and adhered it to the ring.  Voila, a star wreath!  Hope you will try it!  



I used Delicate Stitched Satin in Kiwi and tied a simple knot.  It was the perfect color of green to go with the swiss dot green patterned paper.


Do you make your own Christmas Cards or do you opt for the ever popular photo cards?  I personally do the photo cards.  This year I will do the same, just making them myself. 


Thanks for taking a peek.  Hope you try one of these simple wreaths on your next Christmas Card.


11 comments :

  1. We usually do photo cards..but it depends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love making them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Paper crafts are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I'm not ready for Christmas either, but I'm already seeing Christmas decorations in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I'm not creative when it comes to cards--IF I send them they will be the kind that come in a box. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards always prefer making homemade so much more personal , fantastic idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! I always want to make cards, but never really get to it. Some day! In the meantime, I'll admire yours! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting and beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. I usually do photo cards from Minted. Maybe one day I'll make a card like yours, I'm a bit lazy. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute!! What a fun Christmas Card idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute, Jenn! we used to send pix of our sons along with the cards, but haven't done that in several years. all cards are homemade for the past few. I think I would be hogtied if I tried to give someone a store bought card. ;) hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say