Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bewitching Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!

Have any of you had a chance to play with the Rare Oddities collection from Graphic 45 yet?  I stole a few moments the other day, and found some bewitching Really Reasonable Ribbon and trims to go with this spook-tacular collection.  I waved my magic wand, and the next thing I knew there was a frightfully fabulous shaker card sitting on my desk.  (If only it worked that way, Ribbon Lovers....if only!)
I love the beautiful prints in this collection and really wanted to pull out the purple and gold hues.  Naturally, I called upon ribbon to do all the heavy lifting for me. This Plum Diamond Satin Ribbon looks fantastic with these papers, doesn't it? I super love the way the diamond pattern in the ribbon complements the plaid background paper.
I created my layered bow with my Zutter Bow-it-All Tool.  The bottom layer has 3 loops and the top one has 2.  I pulled all the loops out and "fluffed" them to make it look really poufy.  This ribbon is easy to work with, has a nice finish and ties boo-tiful bows!
After cutting a 3" piece of Old Gold Shimmer Satin Ribbon, I cut fishtails on each end.  It was folded in half, touched with a spot of hot glue to hold the fold and then glued on top of that luscious Plum ribbon.   this was topped with a loopy gold metallic string bow.  The finishing touch was adding that gorgeous Earth Tone Trellis Rose.   I have totally fallen in love with these beauties, and they come in a ton of colors!
While digging through my stash of embellies, I stumbled upon these cool paisley ribbon slides.  I added more of that sparkly Old Gold Shimmer Satin Ribbon and glued them on either side of my chipboard sentiment.
The fun thing about a shaker card is that it's like getting a party in a card, and both the inside and the outside are fun to look at.  I have to say....this bewitching ribbon and paper combo makes this Ribbon Lover happy, happy happy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say