Monday, October 26, 2015

Love is a Four Legged Word

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!

Have you ever made a pet bereavement card?  I haven't made a lot of them over the years, but every now and then a close friend or family member has lost a beloved pet, and I like to acknowledge their sorrow at  its passing.  My hairdresser rescued a beautiful doberman named Ivy several years ago.  This pup had not been treated well, but had a loving heart that came to life once she found her new home.  Sadly, Ivy developed cancer in her leg and had to have it amputated.  It didn't slow her spirit down much, but multiple rounds of chemotherapy took their eventual toll, and I'm sorry to say that Ivy lost her courageous fight against the disease.  My heart broke for my dear friend, and I wanted to let her  know that she was in my thoughts.  So I pulled out  my Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs paper to make this pet bereavement card.
I found that this 3/8" Poppy Satin Ribbon with a silver metallic edge was the perfect color match for the papers.  I used my Zutter Bow-it-All Tool to tie a double layer/double loop bow that I then topped with white sweetheart blossoms and white sweetheart blossoms with a red center.  A tiny snipped of the poppy ribbon worked great as a topper for the tag, too.
Here's a quick tip for you: I used a craft knife to cut around the edges of the bicycle wheel as well as the edges of the flowers in the corner so that I could tuck my sentiment behind.  Always work with a fresh blade when you are doing this type of cutting, and I've found that if you cut on top of a glass surface, the knife blade cuts "like buttah".
Here's a peeky at the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy

4 comments :

  1. Super cute card. The loss of a pet is so hard I have this paper too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card !
    Great layout and papers !
    niki1

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Kathy! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about Ivy. Very beautiful card with the Graphic 45 paper and great layout. Love the red with silver bow with the flowers in the center.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say