Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday Evening Post Halloween Card with Ribbon Medallion

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!

Do you remember the magazine, The Saturday Evening Post?  They were famous for their amazing cover art, much of it done by Norman Rockwell.  I've always loved this Graphic 45 "A Place in Time" Halloween image which uses one of his famous covers, and decided to make just one more Halloween card because, let's face it, Halloween cards are fun to make!
This image just makes me grin from ear to ear! Especially when paired up with my newest ribbon crush, Black and White Houndstooth Ribbon.  This ribbon is soooo luxurious and ties the most beautiful bows.  They are spook-tacular!
I topped this with a loopy string bow made with orange and black burlap and a gorgeous trellis rose that I inked up with some chalk inks and spritzed with gold glitter spray.
I also made a cute ribbon medallion using one of the cardstock stickers and orange canvas color band ribbon.  This is easy as pie to do.  Just punch out a couple of heavy cardstock circles (my circle punch is 1 3/8" in diameter, and that seemed just about right).  Glue the circles together.  Run 1/8" wide Scor-Tape around the perimeter of the circle and stick the inside edge of your ribbon to it, gathering it as you go.  Use Scor-tape or a glue dot to secure the cut end of the ribbon to the center of the chipboard circles.  Then, adhere your chipboard sticker with some foam adhesive and press down to secure.  I punched holes in the button and tied a burlap string bow through the center.   I love the way this balances out the card.
Here's another look at that fabby bow tied with my Zutter-Bow-it-All Tool.  If you don't have this tool, maybe the Great Pumpkin will bring it to you for Halloween!  If you have it, but you haven't figured out how to use it, be sure to watch Bonnie's easy to follow videos on the Really Reasonable Ribbon YouTube Channel.  You'll be tying bows like a pro in no time!
Here's a peeky at the inside of this cute card.  The patterned papers are all from the October Place in Time sheets from Graphic 45.

Hope you have a super weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

2 comments :

  1. Oh Kathy your cards always make me stand up and take notice but I must say this one really caught my eye. I adore Norman Rockwell! Even as a child I was always fascinated by his paintings. I think Mr Rocwell would be tickled with what you created with this image it is a spectacular card! I love the inside as well. Thank you for sharing your master piece ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. On vacation and now back reading your wonderful blog and cute sayings about the pumpkin bringing someone the bow maker. Love your beautiful card and the details. You did a wonderful job with the beautiful ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon.com.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say