Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vintage Christmas Snowflake Ornament


Happy Wednesday Friends!!
This is Heather with my First RRR post!!

I am so excited to be joining the talented Design Team here at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

For my first project I would like to share with you this fabulously trimmed
Vintage Snowflake Ornament!
I used all kinds of lovely trims and ribbons from RRR.
These are some of my favorites, so you will see them on many of my creations!!
Moss green leaves, mini yellow pom poms, Sheer Iridescent champagne ribbon,  Peppermint baker's twine, and curly sparkling white trim really give my ornament that Vintage look!
Here are some close ups.
I created the ornament using a collage sheet I designed for  
Gecko Galz
 Below you will see where I trimmed the leaves to give them more of a "holly leaf" appearance.  I also used the Candi Fix Foam Pads to add some dimension to my ornament.
How about a look at the back?  Those of you who know me, know that I have a little disorder that compels me to have the backs of my creations look good too. 
 I just love how the Sparkling trim and Ranger's Barn door stickles really adds to the vintage Christmas look!  When this is on one of my trees, it will catch and reflect the light beautifully!!
 Yummy Peppermint Baker's Twine and Leaves give my vintage buttons some warm hugs!
Okay, now that I have you in the "Holiday creating mood."  Grab a mug of  hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and peppermint sprinkles and enjoy my Tutorial on how to create your own Vintage Snow Flake ornaments!
I will apologize in advance for the length :0)
I get a little carried away sometimes!!
Vintage Snowflake Ornament Part One
Vintage Snowflake Ornament Part Two


4 comments :

  1. bonnie, great choice having heather on your DT. She truly is an inspiration to all of us with her creativity.... great video!!!
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I especially love the image of the children in the middle. It has a very rich feel. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty! You know that will look great hanging from my tree : )just kidding. No really. Huggs from your BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say