Saturday, November 3, 2012

Old fashion goodies

 
 




 
 
Who doesn't like those old fashion Victorian images? Old world Santas and sweet cherubic angels. I never tire of them and there seems to be countless images, which means endless possibilities when it comes to creating with them. It is my day to share a little something something here at the RRR blog.
I was having so much fun I made two cards instead of one.  I have become quite smitten with the two tone gold textured ribbon.  I used it on both cards.  Love the iridescent quality it has. 
 The first card I did with more traditional colors..with reds and golds.  I added a bit of 1/2 inch wrinkled ribbon in red  to pop off the gold ribbon on the first card.   The second I did more neutral with the golds.   It is fun to see the outcome with the same ribbon but with different color combos.  I also added some lace to both cards using the Penelope lace in natural .  So have you started with your Christmas cards?  It will be here soon!  Hope you have been inspired!  Thanks for letting me share.   Cherry

5 comments :

  1. These are Gorgeous Cherry!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that gold ribbon and all the victorian cutouts! Beautiful cards as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the vintage look of your card. and the gold ribbon and stars add heaps...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the slightly faded, old fashioned look of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful : ) Very vintagy and inspiring. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say