Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ric Rac Flowers

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all U.S. ribbon lovers! I hope you are enjoying time with friends and family today! If you have time for some crafting, maybe you can try this easy ric rac flower!

Step 1: Cut your ric rac in two lengths. I used Light Pink and cut two lengths of 20 inches each. I twisted them together every so often and sewed along one edge with my sewing machine. If you don't sew, you could use liquid or hot glue.
Step 2: Start rolling up your flower from one end, adding dots of hot glue every so often.
Step 3: Tuck the end underneath and glue to the bottom. You will have a little rosette!
 I wanted more of an open flower, so I spread out all of the "petals."
Step 4: I cut a small circle of matching felt and hot glued it to the bottom of the flower.
Step 5: Using a coordinating color of felt, I cut two leaves and glued those to the circle. I attached the flower to my card using Scor-Tape. And voila!
I added a row of the same ric rac along the bottom and added a flower button and some string. My sentiment is by Technique Tuesday and the designer paper is from the Everyday Eclectic Collection by Echo Park. There are a lot of beautiful ric rac colors in the RRR Store HERE. At a cost of about 30 cents for this flower (as opposed to much more pre-made in stores) you can make a whole garden full!

You could add a clip and make this a hair accessory, or attach it to a headband too!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will give this a try!




9 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you for the great tutorial and beautiful card, Judy!

Sandra H said...

Gosh your so talented your rose is really pretty as is your card x

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful ric rac flower and card Judy! Thanks so much for sharing how you made it. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Ava Gavloski said...

Beautiful card Judy. I think you must have ate some of those magic brownies that bonnie has been baking............lololo
thanks for the share on the deets, adding to my bucket list.
ava g

Jennifer said...

This is such a delightful card! Love how you've created this flower!