Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Card Set

 
Hi everyone.  Bonnie here today with a pretty card set I made using one of my new favorite ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon. 
We just received this beautiful Sheer with Shimmery Edge Ribbon  in 6 gorgeous colors.
 
Okay, so I think it's a well know fact that I have much difficulty with the Clean and Simple style of card.  BUT, I continue to try.  You would think that CAS would be the easiest type of card to make, but apparently I just don't know when to stop.  I admire all of you who can pull off this style.  It takes me hours to come up with a card and I break out in a cold sweat while doing so!
 

I know some of my 'teamie's' laugh when I say something is CAS, but this is as CAS as it gets for me!!  You will not likely see a single layer card from me EVER!  I just can't do it!!  There are so many crafty goodies calling out to me 'Use me, use me!!"

I actually don't hate this set I came up with, but I have to admit that I'm itching to add a few dozen doo-dads to them along with about 6 or 7 additional layers.  I think it's a disease.  hehehe
 
Here are some close-ups.
 
This card uses Sheer with Shimmery Edge Blue Ribbon



Did you know that Really Reasonable Ribbon offers gift subscriptions for 3, 6, or 12 months for our Monthly Ribbon Club?  This is the perfect gift for a crafty friend because you can never have enough ribbon!!  Your friend will get a fun little present each month for the term you select.  AND, one of the cards above will go out with the first shipment with a personalized message from you.  How cool is that??  Of course, if it's for someone who has a birthday or other event to celebrate during the holidays, we will change the sentiment on the front of the card.  You can order at any time and specify the starting month and when you want the first shipment to be sent out.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
~ Bonnie ~
 
Supplies:
 
Ribbon:  Sheer with Shimmery Edge Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stamp:  Holiday Greetings sentiment from Inkadinkado (could be retired - I've had it for ages)
Paper: Design Paper from Recollections and Cardstock from my stash
Embossing Folder:  Spellbinders Holiday Magic
BowEasy Tool
Adhesives:  Scor-Tape, CandiFix foam pads
 

9 comments :

  1. these are awesome!!! definitely fit the CAS style. :) pretty pretty!!! you have definitely inspired me to try a similar idea. :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful. Love all the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful. A ribbon in just about every color.

    kdnkdd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about making CAS cards. It takes me 10 times longer to make!
    Yours turned out great! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful Bonnie! I know what you mean by having trouble with CAS - the cards just seem naked to me :) But I really love these cards and that ribbon is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards. Love the simple elegance of the style and the beautiful ribbons. Gotta try this one.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say