Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BEST Organizers and the Ribbon Spooler!!!



Oh I am soooo excited about organization week here on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog!! Each day one of the design team members are showing you all how we organize our ribbons...whether it be with some sort of system or something "home made". For me...I do both!

For my scraps I use the Ribbon Spooler, and Ribbon Dispensers and Storage Trays from BEST craft. Then to store all of the different trays and dispensers, I have one of the BEST craft organizer four drawer cubes. They also offer even bigger organizers...there truly is one for every need you could think of! :)

I really do love these products, I can see all the MANY different types of ribbon I have (or am hoarding! LOL!!). I store them by color, so I know exactly where they should be. If there are multiple colors on the ribbon I will put them with the color that is dominate. If there is no dominate color, I store them in my pattern section of my ribbons. For those ribbons that are too wide to fit in the Ribbon Dispensers, I spool them, close them with a glue dot and store them in the storage tray compartment behind the dispenser with the matching colors as you can see in this pictures.

To spool the ribbons you can see the wonderful video over on Lou Ann's blog Creative Touch (just click on the first video listed on the right side of her blog!) It is just that simple, and fun!! :)

Now, that is how I organize my ribbon pieces. For those ribbons that I get on spools, I kind of do an old fashion method...nothing fancy at all. I just put the spools (in one layer) in shoe box sized plastic boxes. Again really easy to see, so I can see what I have!!
Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Connie

33 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing!! I will try to make my storage better soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looksgreat, and at least you have a system, which is more than i have yet, but I´m getting a new ad bigger craftroom this summer, so I´m on my toes all the time for great ideas to, how I can make my storing great then, so I´m really happy to see all these great ideas. Thanks so much for sharing them. It sure looks great and much easier, when your ribbons is sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the moment I have all in a box, plus on the box lid for those that I got as the box was already full. I like your organizing, I should get organized myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Ribbon Spooler and I feel I need it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat and tidy ... perfect for a ribbon-aholic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous organization! loving the system by BEST...thanks for sharing it with us all! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips :) The drawer system looks fab. I remember taking all my ribbons off the spools to save space, but I wished I hadnt now. ;)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very organized! I'm impressed, and I'm also jealous, lol,,,,I wish I had that much ribbon to play with, oh the things I could do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great way to storage ribbons! Now I realy need to do something about my spools :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm becoming amazed at all the different little tweaks we each give ribbon storage. I really like your method.

    ReplyDelete
  11. With all these ideas I have no idea what I want to do;0) They are all great!

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your ribbon storage! Looks so neat and clean.
    Love that you hoard also...lol
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous ribbon storage! loving the system by BEST...thanks for sharing it with us al! All of you girls have a different systeme, but al of them are great!
    Love from Holland...Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like another great system..

    Hugs,

    PattiM
    {Pattie's passion}

    I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the drawers with the separate compartments! Will have to think about that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous!!! What a great system....you can see all of the ribbons....great job....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  17. TFS...all the different ways to keep up
    with everything

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great way to organize, I should store mine by color!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like a great system to me. I have never seen the ribbon spooler thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your storage systems and how you can see so well. Have to ck out the ribbon spooler.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW< love this storage system. That ribbon spooler looks amazing, might need to get one of those. love how organized your drawers are, looks so yummy with all those pretty ribbons!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww your drawers looks so organised and FULL :) And that spooler looks interesting. thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. this looks like a great way to store ribbon - thankyou so much for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hold it with a glue dot! Awesome! I use a piece of scotch tape! That looses it stick pretty quick. I am gonna have to research this spooler thingy! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow just love your storage draws and the way you have organized all the reels and ribbon.Just awesome!Thanks for showcasing .You dont realise theres sooo many ways to store ribbon.
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  26. Here's my ribbon holder that my dearest made for me: http://scrapaddictsattic.blogspot.com/2010/01/ribbon-holder.html I'm a gotta-see-it-or-I-don't-have-it type so this works well for me

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh now I love this ribbon spooler. What a nifty idea

    ReplyDelete
  28. I use clear boxes and black photo boxes, I definitely like the clear ones better. Hugs...

    http://debby-paperpearls.blogspot.com/2011/03/rrr-organization-week-36-316.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is the coolest ribbon storage that I have seen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excellent ideas! Ribbon spooler is now high up on my wishlist! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have great storage ideas, I might borrow a few lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. One good thing about storing the ribbon in plastic containers is that it stays clean. The ribbon spooler looks like a fun toy!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say