Friday, October 11, 2019

Snarky Masculine Birthday Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Do you struggle to find a way to use ribbon on a masculine card?   When I do, I look for textures and fabrics that make me think of men's ties and suit coats.  So for this slightly snarky birthday card, I chose to work with Shell Grey Shimmer Satin on the bow.  Top the bow with a grey button and a little birthday charm for the perfect finishing touch.


You can also layer a patterned ribbon, like this Black and Grey Diamond Print Grosgrain Ribbon over the same shimmer satin to create a stunning border treatment.  Simply place a layer of 1/2" Scor-Tape on the card base, then wrap the ends around to the back side of the card panel for a neat and tidy finish.  Follow the same process with the Diamond Print grosgrain, but use 1/4" Scor-Tape this time.  Top with a trio of the same grey buttons.  This look makes me think of a man's French cuff.  It's very chic!


Here's a peek at the inside of this fun masculine birthday card.  Clean and simple works just fine here.

I hope I've shared some tips and tricks that will help you make your next masculine card with ribbon!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

2 comments :

  1. I love this. We were just talking the other day and saying that Common Sense is no longer common. Ugh! Great card. [Bunny]`

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Bunny! It's sad, but true, unfortunately! Glad you enjoyed the card! Hope you have time for crafty fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say