Sunday, February 14, 2016

Watercolor Valentine

Hi crafty peeps!  I am back today to share one last Valentine's Day card in honor of the day today.  I added a beautiful band and bow made from ribbon that can be found at Really Reasonable Ribbon.


I used several shades of mauve and red along with Bronze shimmer watercolors from my Gansai Tambi watercolor set to create an artful background.  I then die cut a heart from 40lb velum and heat embossed my sentiment and hearts onto it with bright white embossing powder by WOW.  I then attached the velum heart to the watercolor panel.  I mounted the watercolor panel to an A2 white base that has 7/8" White Satin with Grosgrain Edge Ribbon wrapped around it.  I also wrapped Washi tape from my collection around the ribbon as well.  I created a double looped bow with the same 7/8" White Satin with Grosgrain Edge Ribbon and adhered that to the panel.  As a final touch I added some gold glitter enamel dots and clear rhinestones.  The whole thing was then foam mounted to an A2 card base.  I hope you enjoy my card and have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say