Friday, March 29, 2019

Celebrate Sunshine by Cherry Nelson

Hello RRR paper peeps!  Cherry here to share a project made for Really Reasonable Ribbon.
 I am in desperate need of some Sunshine. We keep on getting unruly temperamental weather.  I decided to create my own colorful garden of flowers and sunshine in my studio to get me by.






I used Victoria crochet lace in white to wrap around my hoop, along the bottom as a border, and also as my bow.  The background fabric is vintage matelasse. I love the texture it adds.

 The flowers are created using fabric diecuts and wool felt.  I made the center of each of my flowers by sewing glass seed pearls by hand.  I purposely left some of the thread to create a fun shabby look.




 I also added a sweet vintage crochet frame and hand stamped tag. 



I love all the layers of each flower and the dimension it adds.

 
 
 That is it for me....I hope you are finding some sunshine either outside or inside!  Cherry

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say