Sunday, January 4, 2015

Valentine's Day Block Decor


Hi there crafty peeps!  I am back today to share a quick but cute decor piece for Valentine's Day.  I have a set of wood blocks in my craft room that I change for each season/holiday.  I had a Christmas banner set hanging from the blocks, but since Christmas is officially over *sad face*, I decided to created a new banner set to hang from them.


I used patterned paper from the BoBunny Head Over Heals collection matted with red cardstock.  I cut out the letters from red glitter cardstock and my Silhouette Cameo.  The last block has a stamped and die-cut image from the My Favorite Things Distressed Hearts set.  I added black adhesive gems and black heart enamel shapes to four of the blocks as accents.  The middle block has a die-cut heart and a white button tied with pink/black bakers twine.

I created bows for each banner with my Bow-It-All tool.  I used hot pink delicate stitched satin ribbon from this month's Ribbon Club Kit "Love is in the Air".  I also used black diamond satin ribbon.  All of this can be found at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store.

The finished dimensions for each banner are small length banners- 2.5 x 3.25; medium length banners- 2.5 x 3.75; large length banners- 2.5 x 4.25.  I hope you enjoy this project and it inspires you to start some Valentine's Day projects of your own.  Have a wonderful day!

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful Home Decor piece! LOVE the pretty papers and fabulous bows:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Sherrie! I am glad you like it =)

      Delete

We'd love to hear what you have to say