Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Paper Wine Bag Album With Ribbon

Hello, crafty friends!  It's DT Member, Karen Letchworth here today sharing a great idea for creating mini albums bound with Really Reasonable Ribbons.  We've all heard of making paper bag albums; but have you ever tried using wine bags?  Next time you (don't) visit the liquor store, kindly ask for a few extra bags.  They're always VERY accommodating.  These bags are longer than your ordinary lunch bags, ad they make awesome paper bag albums.  I took three wine bags, folded them in half, decorated them with patterned papers and embellishments, and then used my Zutter binding machine to bind the edges.  You can also punch holes in the bags and run ribbons through the holes to bind your albums.  It's easy, fun, and inexpensive......which we all love!
Once my edges were bound, I tied several sweet ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon on the wire loops of my binding including the super sweet Pink Aster Seam Binding, Light Blue Plaid Gingham Ribbon, and Helen White Crochet Lace.  Here is a closer picture of the binding from the front view:
Because I used three wine bags, that gives me a total of six pages.  This post would be SUPER long if I were to share all the photos here.  For this reason, I'm just sharing a couple of the pages here, along with the front and back covers.  If you'd like to see all six pages and more close-up photos, along with a complete supply list, you're more than welcome to visit my blog, My Cup Runneth Over.
You may also notice that when you use paper bags or wine bags for your mini albums, you will have these terrific built-in pockets where the bags open.  I used these sweet openings to tuck in photo cards made from ivory cardstock.  You will see that some of these tabs have a wide ribbon attached to them so that they can be easily pulled out of the pocket.  I used Really Reasonable Ribbon's super sweet Natural Burlap Ribbon With Pink and White Wired-Edge for these tabs.  Because it's such a nice wide ribbon, it makes a great pull tab.  This beautiful, wide ribbon comes in several lovely colors.
 
I really hope that you will give this fun mini album a try using wine bags instead of paper lunch bags.  This gives you a larger area for adding photos, journaling cards, and of course....RIBBONS!  Treat yourself to some of these gorgeous trims, and then come play along in our current challenge.  We look forward to seeing what you will create next.
Back Cover
Happy Crafting,
Karen

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say