Saturday, September 10, 2016

Ribbon Adorned Trinket Box

Welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog today, everyone!  It's me, Karen Letchworth, sharing a sweet little trinket box with you.   These little treasures make the sweetest little gifts, and they are SUPER cost-effective.  I decorated this particular box and adorned it with lots of fabulous RRR products.  This box is smaller than others I've posted previously.  It's just under 4" wide, about 2.5" top to bottom, and approximately 3 inches tall.  Super petite and really cute, and very inexpensive.  I painted the paper mache box cream using simple acrylic ivory paint and added vintage sheet music to the top and sides using Mod Podge.  I then ran a nice long length of Debra Natural Crochet Lace all the way around the rim of the lid.  Once I'd done that much, it was already looking pretty darn cute.  But, oh.....no!  I couldn't stop until I had added some ribbons, trims, flowers and all kinds of Really Reasonable Ribbon goodies to the top of the trinket box to make it super special.
I made a little cluster of cuteness to embellish my trinket box.  It started with a bow tied from Black Seam Binding, one from Cream Seam Binding, another with Black Burlap String, and finally one with Ivory Burlap String.  On top of those four sweet bows, I added one Black Open End Rose, two Deep Ivory Open End Roses, two Miniature White Sweetheart Blossoms and a Green Mulberry Paper Leave.  The finishing touch is a tiny black safety pin that holds a tiny tag that's stamped with a sentiment that says, "memories".  I also inked the edges of the tiny tag with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.
Really Reasonable Ribbon has so many great ribbons, trims, laces, twines, mulberry flowers, and SO much more that will help YOU to take something very simple and make it into something beautiful (like I was able to do with this simple little paper mache box that cost well under one dollar).  I really mean it when I tell you that Really Reasonable Ribbon has the best embellishments to make your projects beautiful!
And don't forget about the FUN CHALLENGE taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We would love to have you  play along.  Have a great week, and happy crafting (with ribbons, of course).

Karen Letchworth
and all your friends here at Really Reasonable Ribbon

2 comments :

  1. beautiful trinket box. I love making them yrs ago I made on for each of my granddaughters and daughters. they still have them and keep all their little trinkets in them love the Music notes and lace.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say