Monday, October 31, 2022

Merry and Bright

Hello, everyone! It is Gloria with you again! Back in June, I shared THIS card and in September THIS card, where I showed you how to use up your leftover ribbon bits. I decided to do it again with the October Ribbon Club Christmas Assortment!

This is such a special card that would be perfect to include with a gift card this year! I love to have a selection of extra-special cards for just that purpose. It makes giving a gift card seem like so much more than a piece of plastic.
I created a 5" x 6" card from black cardstock. Then, I cut a piece of white cardstock to slightly smaller than 5" x 6". I used black ink to stamp a Christmas sentiment onto the bottom right of the white panel. I then added some Scor-tape to the back so that I could wrap short lengths of ribbon around the cardstock panel and secure them. 


Note: The Forest Green Plaid in the Ribbon Club is the 5/8", but the store does have the 3/8" that I used. Also, the Christmas Traditions Plaid is NOT in the club assortment, but is available in the store, just use the link above. 
Once all the ribbon was attached, I added more Scor-tape and attached the whole panel to the card front. 
I created a bow from the 5/8" Red Plaid ribbon and attached it to the area overlapping the the Red Plaid ribbon on the card. Then, I added some flowers and Christmas bells, plus some other Christmas floral items (see list of flowers below). I use hot glue to attach all my bows and flowers to my cards. 
I finished the card by adding a few sparkly enamel dots. Have you tried this technique yet?! If you have, please post your link in the comments so I can stop by and see! 

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say