Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Trio of Christmas Cards

Hello, everyone! It is Gloria with you again! I have a trio of Christmas cards to share today! I am still playing with the October Ribbon Club Assortment, because I like to use as much of an assortment as I can before I put the leftovers away!

All the cards are standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" but since I added ribbon I may need a more roomy envelope, or at least more postage on a standard envelope. 

I am using the papers and stickers from the Photoplay Here Comes Santa card kit (from 2018). I am not usually one to use a card kit, but if I do, I always add my own twist. I like to add more dimension, and of course ribbon! 

For the first card I created a focal sentiment then added some ribbon loops and sequins for "pizzazz"! I used 5/8" Forest Green Plaid, 3/8" Red Checkerboard Satin, and 5/8" Poinsettia Print on White Satin ribbons to make the loops.

The second card has a nice, loopy bow made from the 3/8" Holiday Ornaments on White Satin. I also added dimension by popping the sentiment and berries with foam tape, and of course...more sequins! 
This last card is WAY out of my comfort zone! I added the ornament and star stickers to a white piece of cardstock! Yes, stickers! I popped the sentiment with foam dots, and added a foam sticker to the bow! Sequins make everything all shimmery. The bow is made from the 3/8" Forest Green Checkerboard Satin, which is also sparkly when the light hits it.
 
Black and white cardstock
Photoplay papers and stickers
Sequins

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say