Friday, September 30, 2022

Halloween Sweets and Smiles

Hello, everyone! It is Gloria with you again! Back in June, I shared THIS card, where I showed you how to use up your ribbon bits. I decided to do it again with the September Ribbon Club Halloween Assortment!

I do not wish to save short lengths of ribbon because I already have so much and it can get to be a storage nightmare, so I am always looking for ways to use up the "tail end" of a ribbon style. This type of card is perfect for that!
I created a 5" x 6" card from black cardstock. Then, I cut a piece of gray cardstock to slightly smaller than 5" x 6". I used black ink to stamp a Halloween sentiment onto the bottom right of the gray panel. I then added some Scor-tape to the back so that I could wrap short lengths of ribbon around the cardstock panel and secure them. 


Note: The Halloween Candy ribbon is NOT in the current Ribbon Club Halloween Assortment, but it is available in the store! See the link above.

Once all the ribbon was attached, I added more Scor-tape and attached the whole panel to the card front. 
I created a bow from the 3/8" Tangerine Satin with Grosgrain Edge ribbon and attached it to the area overlapping the Tangerine Checkerboard Satin ribbon. I did not have enough of the Checkerboard Satin to make a bow! Then, I added lots of flowers (see list of flowers below). I use hot glue to attach all my bows and flowers to my cards. 

Tip: You can always use sprays, inks, paints, or markers to "colorize" your flowers! I keep a stash of white and ivory blooms for just this purpose! 
I finished the card by adding a few matte enamel dots in Halloween colors. This will be a great card to send to someone accompanying a few Halloween treats! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say