Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cute Nautical Cards

Today I have a few nautical inspired cards to share being that it's summer and everyone finally has the chance to be out on the water.  I found these cute papers with lots of red, white and blue nautical patterns on them and had some cute navy satin and jute ribbons to inspire me so I went to work and this is what I came up with.
The colors and prints are bright and fun.  I layered lots of the tags and embellishments that came with the papers and set it on a punched circle die from Spellbinders.  To finish the card and make it that much cuter, I added the navy blue organza with satin center ribbon to the tag so that it stood up at the top tied with just a bit of navy jute string to match it.  And I had a cute metal flower and button in my stash to add on top of that.
 Here is a closeup of the Spellbinders die that I used for the back circle and the other cute pieces that came with the paper line.
I really like this one and it all started with that cute sentiment and I just added on from there.  I am normally not much of an orange person but I think this works really well together.  Love that little dot for the background and the wave paper was just perfect.  To finish it I tied a cute bow with jute string in navy and you can find lots more colors here.... it such a good addition on cards because it's so lightweight for mailing and not so bulky either.  

And that's all for today but be sure and stop back for more fun ideas and also share us on Pinterest too!  Big Hugs... Teresa

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say