Friday, July 31, 2015

Butterfly Tri-Fold Card with Dyed Ribbon


Hi friends.  Today I have a card I made while playing with my Color Burst powders.  I was having lots of fun creating great background papers and then I realized I could dye my ribbons to match.  Color Burst powders and ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  What a fabulous combination!
These powders are so much fun to play with.  If you want to dye ribbon, it's done the same way you color your papers.  Simply mist the ribbon with water to wet, sprinkle on some powders, mist again and repeat until you have the desired look.  You can also dye the ribbons with the 'leftover' colors on your non-stick mat.  Either way works.  The ribbons don't come out with colors quite as intense as on the paper, but they will still coordinate wonderfully with your project.
My bow was made with white Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon on my Bow-it-All V2.0.  You can view all my Bow-it-All video tutorials on my YouTube channel HERE.
This is a tri-fold card which is a little hard to photograph.  I really wanted to showcase the pretty papers, so I left one panel free of other embellishments.
This is the inside.
For more information on the other products used on my card, please visit my Make Time to Craft Blog
Thanks so much for stopping by today and happy crafting.

~ Bonnie ~

1 comment :

  1. Wow! I love those colors! The fuzzy white layer... is that Angelina or, perhaps, just some really thin handmade paper?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say