Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Celebrate with a Feminine Birthday Card

It's Tracey here to share a card with you. Birthdays are such a wonderful time to celebrate the special people in our lives. I created this card for one of our daughters who's favorite color just happens to be purple. It features fabulous ribbon and embellishments from Really Reasonable Ribbon.



Really Reasonable Ribbon Products:

Tips and Techniques:

Dyed Ribbons ~ As you probably know, I like to dye and color my ribbons to coordinate with my papers and other embellishments. Here I dyed the White Wrinkled Ribbon with Alcohol Ink, then once dry, I decided I wanted a deeper purple and mottled colors. I rubbed Distress Ink on a craft mat, misted with water, then I pulled and scrunched the ribbon into the ink. Oooh la la, I love the dimension and texture this added to the color in my ribbon. I also colored the bright green ribbon from the July Ribbon Club Assortment by spritzing it with a golden brown glimmer mist, then inking the edges with purple. Another amazing transformation. You can find my Dying Ribbon with Alcohol Ink Tutorial here

Four Loop Ribbon Bow ~ I used a variation on Ginny's double loop bow to create this bow with my now colored Wrinkled Ribbon. Instead of using my fingers I used something I had on hand - the handles of my pliers. :-) You can find Ginny's Double Loop Bow Tutorial here

Bead Loops ~ These are so easy to create!! I snipped off short lengths of Bonnie's Pearlized String Beads, then formed a loop - kind of in the shape of a daisy petal with the two ends side by side. I crushed off the bottom bead on each side (with pliers) and glued the strings together. An easy way to add a nice touch of bling to any flower cluster. 

Handcrafted Flower ~ I used Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One to create this lovely rolled paper flower. 

Be sure to stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store to check out Bonnie's amazing selection of ribbons, laces and other goodies. 

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say