Saturday, July 20, 2013

Forever in Love!

Hello ribbon lovers!  I've got a simple and lovely gift idea to share today!  I guess I've been in the mind set of crafting things that other people would buy to give as gifts lately.  I've been working very hard to create items other than cards for CHA!  It's coming so quickly . . . Just 2 days and I'm off to Vegas!  

For today's project . . .  years ago I purchased about 20 paper/cardboard frames from Hobby Lobby, on sale of course (wink), and decided that they could easily be made into lovely gifts with the right theme and objects. What better than loads of 3/8" Butterfly Multi Grosgrain and  those Moss Green Jumbo May Arts leaves ribbons, adorable pre-colored print and one of the Leaf Trio die cuts!  

The frame is covered with some of my scrap paper, and glued onto the back of the frame.  The love birds are part of the Sweet Valentine Whimsy Prints (pre colored) collection.  The Recollections pearl is altered with my Copics to offset the color of the birds, and the Really Reasonable Ribbons used here bring the frame to life!  I was so glad I decided to extend the large green leaf ribbon across the bottom, adding texture, elegance and that finished look to the whole theme.
 
 For some more photos and information, visit me at HandmadebyTLC!  Till then, ta ta for now!  Thanks for joining me and I hope you're inspired to alter some of those great finds!



Hugs,

5 comments :

  1. What a beautiful altered frame. The ribbons and trims add a lovely touch. Have a super time in Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie, can you get any ribbon like the one around the photo? Just a thought!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous altered frame!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say