Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mixed Media Combines Hemp and Organza!

Today I am sharing a mixed media project using trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon and Unity's The Strongest People stamp set. Mixed media is everywhere you look right now!
Although mixed media always scares me, I love making it because I am such a control freak and with this I can't be. It is fun to know that any "mistakes" will look just fine!

To create this background, I started out with the Summer Splash paper from Stampington and Co., and added some gold and silver Encore ink. I embossed the silver with Clear EP for added texture. I used sprays and direct to paper in various places and then stamped the bird cage from the stamp set using Poptone Blu Raspberry Ink. On a separate piece of Summer Splash, I stamped the sentiment with Poptone Hot Chocolate ink. All the edges were distressed.
I added Juliet Natural Crochet lace, Aqua Organza ribbon and two colors from Hemptique's Aquamarine Hemp Cord Set (all Really Reasonable Ribbon), and tied two little charms (a key and the word "Live") in the bow. A couple of Kaiser Latte pearls, and it was all done!

Thanks for stopping by today!


1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say