Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Creating sunshine...

 
 



 
 
 
 







 
 
Hello....up to a little bit of sunshine creating?   I was so inspired by these gorgeous teal ice buttons.  They were my jumping off point.  I grabbed some of my scraps and started playing.  I cut three pieces of scrap paper down to a typical 5 1/2 x 4 card size.   I adhered them and stamped my sentiment down in the lower right side of card adding a teal ice button. From there I leaned on my banner diecuts to create layers and layers of "sunrays".  This is a great way to use up those wee size scrap pieces we all stubbornly will not throw away.   I used scor-tape to adhere the rays down and to layer them the way I wanted.  From there I added a bit of Samantha white crochet lace  with scor-tape to a chipboard circle and adhered it to the middle of my sun and than topped it off with a yummy teal ice button!
Now it was time to have fun with more ribbons.  I layered the Lyndsey white lace with light blue crochet lace for softness.  I than had to add some seambindings.  I combined the mimosa yellow with lace blue.  I added a couple of vintage millinary flowers and was done!  So fun to really use those papers, diecuts, and ribbons.  Less products but more of them!  Have fun!  hugs, cherry

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say