Wednesday, November 16, 2022

December Daily 2022

Hello, everyone! It is Gloria with you again! I have started working on a December Daily Album, my first in several years! I wanted to share the cover with you today.

I am still working on the pages of the album, but since I used Really Really Ribbon trims for the front cover, I thought I would share it and get everyone excited to see the inside (which should be soon)!

I love plaid ribbon and this black and white plaid is just perfect for the vibe I wanted for my album! I love the country/vintage Christmas feeling it gives.
I wrapped a 14" length of the 1.5" Black Gingham ribbon around the front cover of the album. (The album is the Simple Stories Hearth and Holiday 6" x 8" Snap Binder.) I secured the ribbon to the inside front cover. I then used a six-inch piece of the same ribbon to tie a knot with tails to the lower part of the cover. I used scissors to trim the ribbon tails into a traditional shape.
I then used 5/8" Plaid Black ribbon to create a loopy bow, which I glued to the top of the original knot. I find it easier to make a pretty bow with the thinner ribbon, plus I did not have enough of the wider ribbon to make the kind of bow I wanted! {add to shopping cart....check!}
I glued a selection of holiday items to the bow, such as a snowflake brad, a tag, and a die cut shape of Santa's boot. I also added a metal sentiment strip to the right of the bow. 
I finished the cover by adding chipboard stars and some sparkly pearls, enamel dots, and gems. I may need to coat the cover with a multi-medium of some sort to keep the gems and such from falling off over time, but for  now, I will leave it as is.

I used a bit of  Cherry Baker's Twine to the spine element. (There is a Peppermint Baker's Twine, too! Which is so pretty!)

Here is a sneaky peeky at the inside of the book...
I used Christmas Baker's Twine to make a swoopy bow at the top of this page. I used some dries clear glue to make the swoopy tails stay put! 
I used a short length of the 5/8" Plaid Black ribbon to tie onto the top of the tag shown on this pocket page. I am sure I will use more ribbon throughout this project!

I will have the finished project posted on my personal blog in a few weeks! (I hope! The holidays are coming up FAST!)

Thank you so much for joining me today!

Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: 2-ring binder, various embellishments, printed paper, cardstock





1 comment :

  1. Every detail and layout is wonderful. Really enjoyed seeing your project. Ribbon choice a surprise for me; and I love it! Thanks for sharing this labor of love...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say