Sunday, November 20, 2022

Christmas Sweets & Ribbon Treats

Hi, friends!  It's Karen here today.  Are you ready for Christmas?  I'm most definitely not.  Luckily, our family isn't actually visiting until the day after Christmas, so I do get a little extra time to prepare.  In the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun creating Christmas cards and projects and picking up gifts and stocking stuffers.  Today I'm sharing a cute Christmas mitten filled with lots of sweet treats.  Really Reasonable Ribbon made it easy.
Oh my!  Where do I start?  I used a die-cut from PTI to cut that treat bag.  The base (back) is cut from cardboard and the front is cut from kraft tissue paper.  I machine stitched the edges to create the pocket where I could slip in goodies.  I added some peppermint sticks, candies, etc.  I ran some pretty Crochet Lace and some Red & White Gingham Ribbon across the lower part of the treat bag.
Each trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon that I added just made it cuter and cuter.  At the top of the mitten, I added some Black & White Bold Check Ribbon, some more of the pretty Crochet Lace and a piece of White Pom Pom Ribbon.  I also tucked in a few Milk White Double Head Stamens underneath the holly berries and ivy that were cut from wool felt.  I hung the mini kraft tag (JOY) from a Rusty Pear- Shaped Clip from the Embellishments section.  These adorable Pins are currently sold out.  But, for anyone (US only) who places an order at RRR this week and lets me know, I'll send you one dozen of these cuties.
I added a Flatback White Pearl to the tiny snowflake.  I also made another cute Santa cinnamon stick and it's hung with a length of Red Satin Ribbon.  I realize there's a lot going on with this project.  If you have any questions, just let me know.  There's always lots of great inspiration here on the RRR Blog and lots of great shopping at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Thanks so much for visiting today, and please stop by again soon.

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say