Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Chalkboard Fun

Hey there, sweet friends.  It's Karen sharing (a long post) today, and I'm so grateful that you've stopped by to visit us.  It's a FUN day to have stopped by because I'm posting another project using products from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and that always means it'll be something pretty.  That's because Really Reasonable Ribbon is filled with the most gorgeous ribbons, trims, flowers, adhesives and SO  much more.  Their wonderful products make everything I create EXTRA sweet.  They always have the perfect finishing touches for every project we create.  Just take a look at this, and you'll see what I mean.
I started this project with some black and some white cardstocks which I adhered together securely using cut strips of a FABULOUS Adhesive called Scor-Tape.  It assures that your papers and embellishments will stay securely in place - even long after you've mailed a card to someone.  Scor-Tape is a dependable Adhesive that allows you to not worry about whether or not your card/project will stay together while its recipient enjoys it.  On the second piece of black cardstock, I stamped several words and images in white ink to create a bit of a chalkboard background.  The stamps I used for this include Paper Sweeties Blessed and Merry (words) and Kitchen Sink Stamps (stamp image and script background).  Underneath that black chalkboard piece, I laid a piece of Black Seam Binding topped with a length of Red & White Bold Check Gingham Ribbon.  Then, on the left side, I added more Red & White Bold Check Gingham Ribbon with a piece of Black & White Bold Check Gingham Ribbon.  I love that RRR carries each amazing trim in a wide variety of width and color choices.
I added a small glassine bag which I'll eventually attach permanently (with a strip of Scor-Tape) to the front of the card.  There's a Starbucks gift card tucked inside of it.  The only reason I shared that photo (above) is so you could see the cute background I stamped.  It was an attempt at "chalkboard stamping", so I thought I'd show it to you.  Using another small piece of Scor-Tape, I decorated the glassine bag by attaching a length of the Red & White Bold Check Gingham Ribbon. I topped that with a luggage tag, a Prima ticket, some stickers, miniature paperclips, chipboard and ephemera.  At the top of the luggage tag I added some knotted Solid Red Baker's Twine and Black Licorice Baker's Twine.
I love that Really Reasonable Ribbon carries every color, every style, every width, every texture and type of ribbon and trim a crafter could ever want.  I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record; but I REALY believe in Really Reasonable Ribbon; their products and customer service.  They carry SO much more than ribbons;....from Adhesives, to Mulberry Flowers, and Embellishments to Hair Accessories and Bow Making Tools.  There's more than you would have ever guessed they'd have, and they are GREAT prices, low shipping costs, and AMAZING Customer Service.  .....and your cards will be SO cute.
I took lots of pictures so that you'd be able to see ALL the things I attached to this card.  LOL.  As I've said so many times before, I like to pile it on (more is more).  I can't resist when there are SO many cute things to use.  Really Reasonable Ribbon has loads of darling products to help your cards POP.  Try some Baker's Twine or some fun Double Head Stamens.  I have so much fun using their products.  One thing leads to another, and......there's another ribbon.
Next time you need some ribbons, trims, twines, laces, adhesives, flowers, stamens, embellishments, or just some straight-forward great crafty shopping; be sure to stop by Really Reasonable Ribbon.  There's also lots of great inspiration in the RRR Blog, and a FUN Blog Hop starting on the 13th of each month.  We want to be your crafting and ribbon source, and we hope you'll stop by often.  Thanks for putting up with my long post today.

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say