Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wrapping Gifts with Ribbon

Hello all you fabulous ribbon loving people!

 I'm here today to share a very quick and easy tutorial on wrapping gifts with ribbon. We have brand new neighbors, and last weekend they hosted an open house for all the folks in the neighborhood. I wanted to take them a gift, but not knowing them very well, I really had to think to come up with something suitable. I finally settled on giving them a really nice bottle of olive oil. I figure most everyone likes and uses olive oil, right?
I found this graceful bottle and was getting ready to put it into a boring old gift bag when I suddenly thought, "Why not just decorate the bottle with ribbon and a tag?" So I did!

RRRtutorial April 10 02

Really Reasonable Ribbon carries this cheery gingham ribbon in multiple colors and widths, but the 5/8" yellow and green were the perfect match for my tag and the color of the olive oil.


RRRtutorial April 10 02a


I tied the Graphic 45 French Country tag on with my faithful natural jute string and then added a green wild orchid sweetheart blossom to the bow and voila! The present was wrapped!

It took under 5 minutes.

And it looked really artsy and homey and pretty.

Wrapping gifts with ribbon....a brilliant idea, if I do say so myself!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope the next time you have an oddly shaped gift, you'll remember to wrap it with ribbon instead. I promise, it will make you happy right down to the tips of your crafty little fingers!

Cheerio,

kathy

2 comments :

  1. Smart gift and beautiful wrapping just right to welcome new neighbors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to dress up a bottle or package! The ribbon is gorgeous!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say