Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Spring Has Sprung! Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments Easter Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the world, but here in North Carolina, Spring has Sprung!  I can't believe that daffodils, Bradford Pears, Forsythia, Red Buds and Crocus are already blooming.  My back yard is filled with lovely wee birds singing their heads off.  It's a very early spring for us.  All this beauty and fine weather inspired me to have a play with the March Ribbon Club Rainbow Assortment. There are so many great ribbons to choose from, but when my eye fell on this dreamy Tropic Taffeta Ribbon, I knew exactly what to do.

 I tell you, my friends!  I am in looooove with taffeta ribbon.  It ties the most gorgeous bows ever! Bonnie carries it in several different colors in the shop, and I want them allllll!  I used my Zutter-Bow-it-All to tie a triple loop bow.  Then I topped it with a triple loop string bow tied with ivory burlap string.
 
 What better way to celebrate the fact that Spring has sprung than making a pastel butterfly shaker card?  This 6" x 7" card has a cutaway edge and is made with Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments Paper.  I love the fact that the Tropic Taffeta Ribbon picks up on the blues in the butterfly wings!

Inside the card, I created a belly band to hold a bunch of 4.25" x 5.5" photo mounts.  This would be a great place to save pictures of your family Easter celebration.  

 I created a little pocket on the right, then added some journaling cards from the collection.  This is a nice place to write a special sentiment or do some journaling.  Oh, and there's chocolate in the pocket...because....well it's Easter!  

Have you had a play with the Ribbon Club Assortment yet?  If so, then you know how fabulous it is!  If not, then you are in for a real treat!  If you're not a member of the Ribbon Club yet, now's a great time to sign up.  You can find all the information right HERE.  You won't regret it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say