Saturday, March 18, 2017

"Fabulous" Retro Style Birthday Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers! How is it even possible that this is the last week of March?  It's been a busy month for me, as we had 3 family birthdays to celebrate.  My sweet sis-in-law Becky means the world to me and I wanted to create a really special card for her birthday. I found the perfect ribbon in the Spring Rainbow of Color Ribbon Club Assortment to go with the "Fabulous" collection from Authentique.  Honestly, this Tropic Taffeta bow stole the show!



I super love the way this triple loop bow pops against this retro color palette.  As I've mentioned before, I've developed a serious "ribbon crush" for taffeta.  It simply ties the most gorgeous bows, especially when you use your Zutter Bow-it-All tool!  I love to add these loopy string bows to my ribbon clusters for extra fullness.  This one is made with Ivory Burlap String.


I had a blast finishing the inside of this fun retro style birthday card.  The small side pocket contains a personal birthday message from me to Becky.


The larger pocket holds a hand stamped birthday greeting, a fun retro magnet that Becky can put on her fridge, and a little sweet treat.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

  1. I love this card! You out so much detail into the who thing! Thank you for sharing and if you ever need someone to send your cards (and chocolate) to, let me know!
    -Miranda

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say