Monday, November 21, 2016

JOY

Hey, friends!  It's Karen Letchworth sharing today using some of my favorite products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  There's just something about making Christmas card that's FUN!!  I made this card using some patterned paper scraps I've had laying on my craft table for the longest time.  I added some ephemera pieces, a chipboard button tied with Solid Red Baker's Twine and Natural Solid Baker's Twine.  The button tops a bow tied with Lipstick Red Seam Binding and Cream Seam Binding.  I also wrapped a width of the Lipstick Red Seam Binding around my card.
I inked the edges of my card with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (as I usually do).  The little pieces of ephemera (Joy and Santa) are glittery, but you can't see the glitter from these photos.  That's why when people say that their cards are so much prettier in real life, I really do understand what they mean because I often feel the same way about my cards.  Photos just don't capture the wonderful glitter, texture, and special touches that you notice in real life.
Then, since I had some extra time, I decided to make a little Christmas gift item to go with this card that I'm sending to my niece.  I used a tiny, soft, fuzzy red mitten and adorned it by adding two of the sweet little Clusters of Wild Orchid Crafts' Bead Berry Spray in Red topped with a bow of Lipstick Red Seam BindingWhite Seam BindingSolid Red Baker's TwineWhite Metallic Icicle Seam Binding, and a Making Memories chipboard poinsettia button on top.
The mitten is a Starbucks gift card holder from many years past.  I just happened to have a few extras of them that I saved and never used, but always knew I could make cute little treat bags or ornaments out of them.  I'm so glad I put one of them to good use.  Really Reasonable Ribbon is the perfect place to pick up a few precious favorites to sweetly adorn your next project.
Thanks so much for stopping by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog today to take a peek at this little Christmas card and gift mitten. I hope that you will check out all the amazing seam binding, ribbons, twines and trim, flowers, leaves, adhesives and SO much more that Really Reasonable Ribbon has to help you make something beautiful.  There's also a FUN CHALLENGE taking place on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  Have a blessed and creative week.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say