Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Advent Calendars

{judy} When my kids were little, I made them each (I have two) a miniature felt Christmas tree - a styrofoam cone covered in felt and glittery trims. Each day of Advent, they would receive a little ornament to hang on their tree with a cute straight pin. They outgrew their trees (they were getting crowded anyway!) and we moved on to different kinds of Advent celebrations. 

Today I want to share a little treat bag with you that can be used for any age - including children who are now grown with families of their own.


I used a die cut treat bag (Sweet Treat Tent) from Reverse Confetti, but you could cut your own just as easily without a die. The inside has a flat bottom for your treats to sit on in a little Ziplock bag. I decorated all 25 bags with little number tags from some Doodlebug designer paper. The tree tag is part of a set called Triplits Tag Die Set by the Stamps of Life. I embossed the bag die with a snowflake embossing folder, and then assembled the bag using Scor Tape of a couple of different widths.
I finished it off with some cute festive and fun trims: Mini Ric Rac and Cherry Baker's Twine. It would also look super cute with Christmas Baker's Twine (below).
I used pearls for my embellishments, but there are many other things you could use to decorate as well. Take a peek at all the new embellishments in the RRR Store! 

Untie the twine and you have a cute Advent Calendar in a Treat Bag! These were fun to make, and are a great way to use small pieces of trims, as well as patterned paper scraps!

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say