Friday, June 28, 2013

Ribbon Carnation by Jenn Cochran

Hello friends and followers of RRR!  I am so excited to show you my tutorial today.  I was playing with Wire Woven Chevron Striped ribbon black/white and thinking how could I make an embellishment other than a bow with this fabulous wired ribbon.  So I was like "flower?"...ok...but I want something different than any old flower.  This is what I came up with:  I am sure someone else has already come up with this fun Carnation flower....but I have to honestly say "I have not seen one!".


1.  First I started off with accordion folding the Wire Woven Chevron Striped Ribbon black/white .  
2.  Then I adhered it to a 2 3/4" cardstock black circle.
3.  I then repeated step 1 and adhered the accordion ribbon partially to the cardstock circle and partially to the 1st layer of ribbon with Helmar Professional Craft Glue.
4.  Repeat step 1 and 2 again adhering slightly to the last row of ribbon.  I then spiraled the ribbon to the center creating a little "nest" for my rhinestone.  
5.  Ta Da!!! Ribbon Carnation!

Hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  Here is what is looks like on a finished card.  Again I used the Wire Woven Chevron Striped Ribbon black/white. My Image and sentiment is from SP and Company Stamps.  It is called "Built for Two mini stamp set".  


I embossed the bicycle to look like a chalkboard.  The paper is EP.  


Here is a close up of the finished carnation flower.



Thanks so much for stopping by RRR today!  I hope my tutorial inspired you!

If you would like to see more projects from me using RRR, visit my blog!

JENN

Supplies:
Adhesive: Helmar Professional Craft Glue
Paper: EP

5 comments :

  1. Absolutely LOVE it. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh squee!!! This is gorgeous, Jenn!! It's like my favorite ruched in a flower! Beautiful in B/W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Jenn and that flower is AWESOME!! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say