Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Crinkled Seam Binding

I really like the look of crinkled seam binding. It is easy to do and adds a nice texture to your vintage and shabby chic projects.

The card I am sharing today uses Rose Petal Seam Binding. There are many beautiful colors in the RRR Store HERE.
To crinkle up my seam binding, I spritz it with water and then ball it up in my hand and place the ball into the corner of a plastic bag. Twist the plastic bag tightly around the ball. Leave the seam binding ball in the bag overnight. The next morning, remove the seam binding from the bag and fluff the ball out. Let it dry thoroughly. Pretty easy!

My sentiment is from Flourishes' In And Out You stamp set. I used Distress ink on all my cardstock and designer paper edges. I added some Chino pearls for embellishments. My silk flowers and layers are all held together with Scor-Tape. I love that stuff -- if you haven't tried it yet, you need to! Thanks for taking a peek!






Stamps: In And Out You (Flourishes)
Paper: Lost & Found DP (MME), Poptone Whipped Cream CS
Ink: Rose Red (SU!), Victorian Velvet Distress (TH)
Accessories: bird punch (MS), crinkled Rose Petal seam binding (RRR), label punch, frame, silk flowers, stick pins (Jenni Bowlin), Kaiser Chino Pearls (RRR)


6 comments :

  1. Beautiful card Judy and the crinkled seam binding is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this pretty pink card Judy! The flowers are just beautiful!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!Love your flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card and fabulous technique!! Thanks for sharing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say