Thursday, February 23, 2012

Colorful Baker's Twine Card Background


Today I have a quick card for you featuring Baker's Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  This is such a fun trim to use and it's so versatile.  I was looking around my craft room at all the tools I have from 'back in the day', and there was my Fiskars crimper.  It's been years since I used this tool. 
So, what to do with it.....................

Eureka!!  I can crimp a sheet of paper and use the valleys to hold some baker's twine wrapped around the cardstock.  Now, I could have done this without crimping the paper, but it made it so easy to keep the baker's twine evenly spaced, plus, I used my crimper!  How great is that??!



(card inside)

Take a look around your craft room today and find one of those old tools you never use and figure out a new use for it!  We'd love to see what you create - don't forget to add some ribbon!!  Stop by the RRR Facebook page and show us your project and tell us what 'forgotten' tool you used.

~ Bonnie ~

Stamps: Birthday Wishes - digital stamp from Bird's Cards, Birthday sentiment on inside of card - Hero Arts
Paper: Misc scraps from my stash
Ink: Marvy Matchables #7 orange
Accessories and tools: Scor-Tape, Spellbinder Nestablilites, Fiskars paper crimper


8 comments :

  1. What a fun idea! I still have a couple crimpers...lol
    Fun use with the twine and great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool idea... thanks for sharing!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great yet simple idea here. Never thought of this, I have to admit, but so easy, and what a cool effect it gives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this Bonnie...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Bonnie, this looks cool! I've been contemplating getting a crimper for use in my cards and now I have an even better reason to get one! Your card is so beautiful...inside AND out! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card. Love how you did that. I like the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card. Now I want to buy a crimper so I can do it too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is GENIUS! Love the final effect with the twine!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say