Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ready for the New Year

The Christmas tree decorations are packed away and stored in the attic. The black-eyed peas and pork chops are ready to be cooked. The party hats and noise makers have been bought. And the first page of my 2011 calendar has been scrapped. Yep, this year I plan to create my own calendar from scrapping supplies. Here's the January page.

Each month I am going to embellish one of KI Memories Sew Cute calendar pages and then actually use it to keep track of my family's day-to-day activities (sports practice, appointments, days off, holidays, etc.). In order to be functional, I decided to keep it pretty simple, so I just numbered the days, embellished the front, and created a pre-made layout on the back for my favorite photo of the month. And, of course, those embellishments included ribbon.


For the front, I used lots of Cherry Baker's Twine. There's a three inch strip to connect the mittens. And then each of the red buttons is finished with a little bit. Since discovering the Baker's Twine Assortment in the store, I just can't leave a button untied. It is the perfect finish to any button.

After the month's end, I plan to choose one or two pictures to add to the brown mat. More importantly, I plan to journal about the importance of the photo. Then, I'm going to place each page in an album. Won't it be fun to go back and see just exactly where the time went?

Um, how cute is that snowman with his Red Rik Rak scarf? LOVE that! I also added some Red Circus Dots Grosgrain on top of all my paper strips using Scor-Tape adhesive. Definitely my favorite adhesive for adding ribbon strips to a layout.


Oh, and look, another button with Baker's Twine. Big surprise there, hun? Ha!

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you'll come back on Saturday for our January 1st Challenge. And Happy New Year! Aphra

5 comments :

  1. Really cute pages! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Aphra! It will be fun to have this to look back on in years to come complete with pictures from each month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm terrible about using calendars, but I think if I kept the plan in mind it might be doable. It would be incredibly awesome to look back on in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!!I really do not like drab calendars. This is an idea that I can run with. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say