Thursday, December 16, 2010

Altered Notebooks

With only 9 days left until Christmas, I am checking my list and checking it twice to be sure that I've finished all those small, last-minute gifts for some special people in our lives. Like our pastor, our neighbors, and the kids' teachers.

Today, I'd like to share a couple of altered notebooks that I made for my sons' teachers. I thought they might like a cute little notebook for jotting down their last minute to do's. I bought some little 4" by 4" notebooks from the dollar section at Michael's. Then, I just decorated each one with some patterned paper, cardstock stickers, and ribbon, of course.


The Pink and Red Big Random Dots Grosgrain ribbon was the perfect accent for the My Little Shoebox Holly Jolly papers and embellishments. I just tied a piece around a couple of the notebooks rings and then triangle cut the ends. I also really liked the Aqua Baker's Twine added to the front for a little texture.


On this second notebook, I used Lime Green Stripe Grosgrain on the front instead of the Baker's Twine. You can also see from the second photo how I added it to the spine in between the wider red and pink grosgrain. I love how these little notebooks turned out, and the ribbon definitely bumps up the cute factor.

Ok, well, back to all my last minute shopping, wrapping, and crafting. See you next week!


4 comments :

  1. great project! That is a nice way to jazz up those not so pretty notebooks. What a great gift!
    ~Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun gifts...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so nice.....and I bet their teachers will love them.....tfs

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say