Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas Eve. My name is Cathy La Hay. I'm excited to be a guest designer for Really Reasonable Ribbon this month.  
I'll start by telling you a bit about myself. I'm a wife and a Mom to two wonderful Golden Retrievers named Louie and Abbey. I'm also an Aunt to several wonderful nieces who are my scrappy subjects. I started out scrapbooking in 2004 and was strictly only a layout scrapper until about 2 years ago when I realized that I was running out of photo's that I could scrap. From there I found a new passion in making cards. However, I do love to get my hands on a few good photos every now and again! 
I am currently a designer for Helmar USA Adhesives and I'm so excited to be able to incorporate that into my cards that I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon. What a great pair!

So onto my cards......

For all of the cards below I used an assortment of Christmas ribbons and really had fun with them. I especially love the Star in line large gold ribbon  . The creativity using this ribbon is endless.





Isn't that Happy Holidays card to die for? It is such a simple card to achieve and makes beautiful use of the Christmas ribbon. Simply cut 3 different strips on ribbon, each a different length. Make a bow and glue it down. I used 3 snowflakes from Tim Holtz Grungeboard that I inked and popped up with my Helmar Adhesives Zapdots. Such a simple card with a big look!
Don't forget about the money cards and tags that you can create and decorate using Really Reasonable Ribbon. Every year I incorporate the two of them together for the gifts of money that I give to people.

I'm so thrilled that I got to create for Really Reasonable Ribbon and share my work with you all. I hope your holidays are filled with happiness and tons of creating!!

Sincerely,

Cathy La Hay




14 comments :

  1. Gorgeous cards Cathy - as always! Just stunning!

    Love all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards! Really love the hanging snowflakes. These are all so beautiful!
    And love love love the ribbon trim on the last tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Cathy! I love what you did with the ribbon on your cards. Thanks so much for guest designing for us today at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, Cathy! You are an inspiration to us all... thanks for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! (as always!)
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Your work is always stunning, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy you make the most beautiful cards! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Cathy. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us here at RRR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Cathy. I love the snowflakes and the ribbon you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and I LOVE that gift tag, so pretty!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards Cathy! Love that tag too!!

    blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. TFS such beautifully awesome,festive cards! great job Cathy & love the papers you used too :) keep it up & hey, make me some cards woman...i'm a bit behind LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful work TFS

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say