Friday, March 22, 2024

He Is The Light

Hello and welcome to everyone stopping by the RRR Blog.  It's your friend, Karen Letchworth posting today.  Please know that we're always very grateful for your visits.  Any time that I can make a card and adorn it with some type of ribbon or trim, it opens up a whole world of different creative options, and Really Reasonable Ribbon always makes it easy and fun.  I hope the card I'm sharing today will inspire you to get creative with ribbons.  They're just so pretty and they add so much texture and excitement to our art.
For this card, I started with basic black cardstock that I layered with a yellow patterned paper from JilliBean Soup.  Next, I cut a frame from white cardstock using the Crimped Frames Die from The Greetery.  I inked the edges and I stencilled the background using a Tim Holtz lines stencil in Fossilized Amber Oxide Ink.  I'm sorry to say that I don't know what company makes the light bulb dies I used as they're not in their original packaging.
The sentiment I used is found in the He Is The Light Stamp Set from Stamp Simply.  At the bottom of my card, I ran a length of Black & White Bold Plaid Ribbon and I also tied a pretty bow with it.  Underneath the bow, I added some bundled Yellow Burlap String and several pretty Double Head Stamens.  I topped it all with a White Carnation using a cut piece of Scor-Tape.  The screw-in part of the light bulbs (two layers) were raised up using 3-D Foam Tabs for dimension.
Be sure to stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog for lots of great inspiration as well as information about special sales and promotions.  We're always here to help, to inspire, and to answer any questions we can.  Whether you need ribbons and trims, Adhesives, Mulberry Flowers or Embellishments, you're almost always sure to find it all when you shop RRR.  Thanks so much for stopping by today, everyone.  Have a great week.

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say