Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Way to Go, Grad!

Hello, everyone! It is Gloria with you today. It is almost time to celebrate all those high school and college graduates in your circle! My circle of potential graduates contains only young men at the moment, so I created a masculine style card.

It is always a challenge for me to add ribbon to a masculine style card and not make it too frou-frou. I think I did fine this time! The card base is 5" x 6" made from black cardstock, lined on the inside with white cardstock. 

I attached two pieces of printed paper together and then placed a length of 5/8" Gray Plaid Ribbon over the seam where the two prints meet. I then cut a few small lengths of Oyster Baker's Twine to create a "spider-y" knot around the left edge of the ribbon.
I found some greeting cards with Saturday Evening Post/Norman Rockwell art on them in my stash. They were plain and an odd size, and not printed on particularly nice cardstock. So, I did what anyone would do, I cut them apart so I could use the images! 

I matted the image onto black cardstock, then stamped the hashtag sentiments along the bottom. I wrapped more of the Gray Plaid ribbon around the top of the image, then I added a button tied with a bit of the Oyster twine.

I stamped a greeting onto a scrap of white cardstock and tucked it under the left edge of the image. 

I stamped another greeting on the inside of the card, and then disguised that I stamped it off-center by adding a strip of the printed paper. (Oops!)

Thank you so much for joining me today! And congratulations to all the graduates for 2023!

Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used: cardstock, printed paper, stamps and ink, button

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say