Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Family Memories Retro Mini Album

Hello, it's Karen Letchworth posting today!  I'm so glad you're here today as I share a sweet mini album I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used lots of my much-loved and cherished October Afternoon patterned papers, stickers, and goodies.  As most of you probably know, October Afternoon went out of business several years ago.  I always went to their annual warehouse sales to stock up on papers and such; and while I do have a lot of their  product, I know it won't last forever.  But for today, I'm sharing some of it with you in this little mini album all adorned with FABULOUS touches from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
All my patterned papers, stickers, doilies, journalling spots, etc. were attached using a fabulous Adhesive called Scor-Tape.  I love this Adhesive because it comes in several widths to accommodate all my projects, and it really holds together to stand the test of time.  Once all my papers were securely in place, I got busy with the embellishing.  For the cover, I made a bow cluster that includes Bay Leaf Seam Binding, Red Lipstick Seam Binding, and is topped with some Red, White, Pink, Teal and Black Double Head Stamens, and some darling Sweetheart Blossoms.   Here's a close-up of the bow on the cover.
The next page (like most of the pages in this mini album) is primarily designed as a photo mat.  I try not to put SO much stuff on and in my mini albums that it becomes impossible to actually place photos inside.  I also like the pockets with tags so that you can do some journalling, or tuck in extra photos and trinkets.  For this page, I simply added some more of the adorable Sweetheart Blossoms in pink, red and blue.  Yes, they come in every color of the rainbow...and then some!
Page three is another photo mat (a tea-stained doily), and I added a journalling card topped with some looped Ivory Burlap String and Light Blue Burlap String, two Mulberry Leaves, and some Open Roses in the upper left corner including a Red Open Rose, a Royal Blue Open Rose, and a Deep Ivory Open Rose.  I also hid some Pink, Light Blue, Red and White Double Head Stamens in the little bow/flower cluster.  Then, for the tag that's tucked into this page, I added a tab that includes a snippet of Blue Center-Stitched Burlap and 1/4" Red Chevron Striped Twill that are topped with a red Fabric Covered Button from our Embellishments section.
Flip to the next page, and again you will see the Blue Center-Stitched Burlap and 1/4" Red Chevron Striped Twill peeking through from the previous page, and it's topped with a black Fabric Covered Button from our Embellishments section.  There's also some fun washi tape, and a length of Natural Crochet Lace on this page leaving plenty of room for a couple more photos.
The fifth and final page has a fun antique gumball machine and sentiments (stickers) and a blue button tied with Cherry Baker's Twine and Ivory Burlap String.  And finally, I tied some Solid Ivory Baker's Twine to the tag.  I still think Baker's Twine is a must-have in every color!  Really Reasonable Ribbon's prices are so reasonable (hence, the awesome name...LOL) that you can pick up quite a bit of product without hurting your wallet (or hubby's).  Trims like Baker's Twine, Burlap String (borth just 10 cents/yard) and Seam Binding (30 cents/yard) are SO affordable, and SO wonderful!
That's it for my little mini album today.  I sure hope you'll stop back by soon for lots more inspiration and to keep up-to-date about special sales and promotions, and our monthly Blog Hop.  There's always something happening here, and we appreciate your visits.
Ribbons, trims, and embellishments add so much texture and personality to your cards and projects, and Really Reasonable Ribbon truly is the best place to get them.  Take a peek, and treat yourself.

Thanks again for stopping by,
Karen

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say