Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cute Idea for Christmas this year

     
Everything has a bit of inspiration to it's beginnings and today my project is something that would be really fun to make for your kids or have them help you with.  I found a chipboard mailbox in my local hobby store and thought how fun to make up one for Santa to leave special messages in or treats for your kids for the holidays.  They could write a special letter to him or maybe even notes, and of course Santa would send something special via the elves to answer back :)  How special would that be for a Christmas memory this year?


So to make my box, I used the chipboard mailbox and cut pieces of paper to fit the sides and the front, back and the bottom.  I used quick dry liquid adhesive to glue all the pieces on, and then I inked the edges to make it a little more rustic and vintage.  The paper I used is from My Minds Eye Christmas collection.  I love the colors of it and the tags were nice to use on the side too.


Here is a closeup of the ribbons and gold cording I used to decorate the handle that lets them know that something special is inside when it is up.  I used wrinkled ribbon in green and burgundy seam binding too.  The flower is made with a Spellbinders die in papers to match with gold on the edges.



If you are doing lots of projects this year you are going to love to use some of the metallic gold and silver strings.  They are easy to use and you can slide things like bells and other little goodies on
easily to dress up your projects like I did.  

So thank you for dropping over and don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my idea today.... Have a wonderful day... Teresa

6 comments :

  1. Absolutely stunning Teresa, X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a super cute idea! I wish my kids still believed in Santa, I would totally do this! TFS, Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful project! Love this idea so much...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Teresa you always blow me away with your off the page projects - and once again you have. This is such a stunning project even for someone that doesn't have little ones, a Beautiful decorative piece to have in the home at this wonderful time of year. LOVING the use of the ribbons on this too divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!! Love this mailbox, so beautiful!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say