Friday, October 24, 2014

A Vintage Christmas Card


Hello, fabulous ribbon lovers! It's Kathy popping in today to share a vintage Christmas card that has loads of layers, embellishments and gorgeous Really Reasonable Ribbon, of course!

rrr01


I paired My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas papers and embellies with Forest Green Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon and Snowflakes on Forest Green Grosgrain to create a festive holiday vibe on my 5" x7" side fold card. These ribbons are both part of the October Ribbon Club Assortment. (By the way....Bonnie is offering a special deal if you sign up for the Ribbon Club this month. TWO ribbon club assortments for only $17.00. You can find our more about it HERE.)

rrr03


I tied my ribbons together using my Zutter Bow-it-All tool. That tool makes it so easy to tie together two different ribbons into one fabby bow! I don't think I could have done this without using it. I topped it with a little Christmas Baker's Twine and some rusty jingle bells. And yes, they really jingle!

rrr02


This wooden button was begging for a little bit of ribbon in the center, so I answered it's plea with this cute little square knot bow. It made that button really stand out!

rrr04


Lots of layers, lots of stitching, a couple of cute paper clips, and this vintage Christmas card is ready for Santa's sleigh.

rrr05


The inside is finished simply with a stamped and embossed sentiment.

So, how about you? Have you started your Christmas cards yet, or do you wait until the last minute? We are definitely in the countdown stage here with less than 10 weeks to go until the big event! Better stock up on Christmas ribbon and get your craft on, friends! Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

1 comment :

  1. Awww Kathy, I love your Christmas card and the ribbon you used! Beautiful job hun!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say