Thursday, September 25, 2014

Steampunk Spells Halloween Card Tutorial


For the promotional codes for our current SALE, please click here.

Hey there Paper Peeps. I'm having myself a good ol' time creating Halloween projects and today I'm sharing a tutorial on a fun and festive card with Steampunk Spells along with some great ribbon and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Here's the finished card:

This card has lots of texture and layers! And of course fabulous trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Okay...here's how I made it....

I started with black cardstock and added the very scrunched and inked patterned paper with just a tiny weeny little border showing.

Then another layer of patterned paper. This time it's Pitter Patter. My new favorite.

Next comes a layer with a punched border.

Coupla pieces cut from the Steampunk Spells paper.

Wrap the Black Webbing Ribbon around and secure on back.

Frame adhered  on foam spacers for dimension.

 Add owl image to the right corner of frame.

Painted Dusty Attic Chipboard candle stick on the left.

The perfect finishing touch is a nice poofy bow of Swiss Dots on Black Satin Ribbon.
Okay that's all for my Steampunk Spells card. Hope you love it as much as I do! Wishing you all a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G



3 comments :

  1. LOVE this so very much Ginny!!! You are so awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steam punk and I love Halloween so putting the two together is fab great look!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say