Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Melon Thanks by Jenn Cochran


Hello RRR friends and followers!  Jenn here from Jax Bean Stalks.  Today I have a fun end of summer card.  Here in Colorado the watermelon is just about over....but still good.  So here is to the end of summer and oh how I will miss the watermelons and summer!  

My card today is featuring three Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbons.  The main ribbon I used is the Sheer Kiwi Watermelon.  It is super sheer and the two tone coloring is just amazing and beautiful!  Behind this super sheer ribbon is the 1/8" diagonal striped ribbon in black.  This ribbon is fun to make multiple loops and fan them out in front or behind an accent ribbon.  In my bow I put this ribbon in the middle and made it a bit wider than the other two.  Finally in the back of my bow, as a base, I used the Black Organza Ribbon.  It comes on a spool!  This is a great ribbon to keep on hand for a base ribbon when making multi-layer bows or it is a great stand alone ribbon.

As you can see from the side, I used a small piece of the top ribbon (kiwi watermelon) and tied all three separate bows together.  This bow is on the bulky side but it sure does look stunning on the front of this card!


The stamp set is a retired stamp from Stampendous-Cutie Watermelon.  The entire card is stamped using Memento ink.  The images are colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.

Thanks so much for visiting!  

3 comments :

  1. Simply gorgeous card Jean as always beautiful image and full of lots of lovely details x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS Jenn! Love all the pretty ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute image. And that bow is stunning. Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say