Monday, September 22, 2014

Dimensional Autumn Apple Basket Card


Hello Ribbon Lovers! Kathy here. I have been impatiently waiting to share today's card with you. I've made a dimensional autumn apple basket featuring Really Reasonable Ribbon and Bo Bunny Apple Cider Cardstock. The thing that makes this card special is that I made the bushel basket of apples round! Yes, I did! Take a peek:

RRR Blog hop 08
It's not as hard to do as you might think. I began by creating a 5x7 side fold card. I scored the card front at 2 1/2" and then folded it in, toward the card center. Glue down the top and bottom edge on the inside of the card to form a pocket.

A layer of Apple Cider green swirl paper was glued down to the card front. I then fussy cut the basket, apples and leaves, added gold brads to the bushel basket staves and layered the apples and leaves on with dimensional foam. A double layer of foam dots was added to the center of the back of the fussy cut basket.  Then I wadded up some paper towels and stuck them to the foam tabs. I curved the basket by pushing the cut edges toward the center. The edges were glued, and I held them down while sort of pushing them toward the center of the basket until the glue set. Voila! Curved basket! How fun is that?

Then I just added my gorgeous Tangerine Satin Swirls Ribbon to the inside panel of the card, as well as above the bushel of apples. Here's the inside of the card.

RRR Blog hop 06

I decorated this pocket and tag with chipboard pieces from the collection.

RRR Blog hop 07jpg
The tag was topped with apple green satin swiss dots ribbon and more of the tangerine swirl ribbon. I found this cute little acorn in my stash of fall embellies and secured it to the tag using gold thread.
Because the card is so dimensional, I had to put it in a box instead of an envelope. So, I made one from the matching paper in the collection.

RRR Blog hop 01
Here's the whole ensemble.

RRR Blog hop 03
I think this would make a nice hostess gift for all those holiday parties that are headed our way!
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

2 comments :

  1. I can see why you were excited to share this piece. What a clever girl you are. That rounded basket came out fabulous and I love all the little details you added. I especially like that acorn button. Fantastic card and I'm sure any hostess would love receiving this magnificent piece.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say